Wednesday 24 November 2010

Placing Holograms in Real Video

So the idea is to use Cinema 4D to create 3D objects and insert them into real video.

I will also use footage to use for hologram projection to, I will do this by recording real objects or people in front of a green/blue screen and then super impose them into the final video.

To make this a total immersive environment the actual display will be done live in front of an audience where the scientist will conduct a demonstration in front of the audience and show them the 3D holographic projection that he and his lab assistants have been working on. Then near the end an error will occur showing that the scientist was in fact a 3D holographic projection himself. This will demonstrate how believable the holographic projections actually are.

For the actual project I will create this in a video format as I do not have the projection technology nor can I afford it. I will show a mock video of how the 3D projection mapping would work, it will show a scientist working in a lab attempting to create a working 3D holographic projection within a controlled environment by the end of the short video it will be revealed that the scientist working on the 3D hologram was in fact a 3D light projection himself working live from another room to which he will walk into the room at the end.

I am currently building 3D models in Cinema 4D and I will test them in After Effects.

No comments:

Post a Comment